Designblok – Prague International Design Festival in association with EUNIC Cluster CR will announce seventh annual of Diploma Selection - an international competition for the best European diploma (graduation) work in the fields of product and fashion design merged with the following edition in 2021. The reason is due the postponement of diploma thesis defenses across all European universities.
Curators board selects the competition finalists out of all applicants. Product designers are assigned an exhibition space at the Designblok Openstudio (the central Designblok exhibition space which hosts about 40,000 visitors) in the Diploma Selection joint exhibition. Fashion designers are given the opportunity to present their collections at a Diploma Selection fashion show event. The international jury selects winners in both fields.
Winners get the opportunity to present their latest work/collection during Designblok and are also awarded a financial prize of EUR 1,000.
International jury in 2021
Product design jury
- Tulga Beyerle, director, Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg (D)
- Giulio Cappellini, art director, Cappellini (IT)
- Stephan Hamel, brand catalyst, design consultant (IT)
- Agnieszka Jacobson, artistic director, School of Form, Poznaň/Poznań (PL)
- Lina Kanafani, curator, gallerist, MINT shop, Londýn/London (GB)
- François Leblanc, design consultant (F)
- Alice Stori Liechtenstein, Independent curator, founder of Schloss Hollenegg for Design (IT, AT)
- Gilles Massé, Wallpaper Store, Miláno/Milan (IT)
- Rossana Orlandi, gallerist, Spazio Rossana Orlandi, Miláno/Milan (IT)
- Annalisa Rosso, Mr.Lawrence studio co-founder and Editorial Director of the Salone del Mobile digital project (IT)
- Adam Štěch, design strategy consultant and curator, Okolo, (CZ)
Fashion design jury
- Patrik Florián, journalist and stylist, Dolce Vita magazine (CZ)
- Danica Kovářová, curator (CZ)
- Jan Králíček, creative director Vogue (CZ)
- Anna Nosková, journalist, magazín Forbes (CZ)
- Veronika Ruppert, journalist, Radio Wave, (CZ)
- Noémie, Schwaller, Deputy Editor-in-Chief textilrvue and Lecturer STF (CH)